Welcome to my Studio Blog

Take a peek into my studio and See what inspires me to create my paintings and what’s been happening in my studio and on my travels.

I love to travel, see new places and meet new people. I love to create bold colourful paintings, many of them based on my wonderful travels.



Monday, January 14, 2013

Happy New Year 2013

Hi Everyone, Firstly, I want to wish you all a Very Happy New Year and all the best for 2013. 

Well it has been some time since I have posted.  I have been busy with some personal things the past two months which I will announce at a later time.   I also had a busy Christmas Holiday and now after some time I am back in my studio and here is my first painting idea and WIP for 2013. 

I am going to paint the beautiful seaside town of Dubrovnik, Crotia. The painting will be done on a 61 x 91 gallery canvas. 

Here is my Rough Sketch in Black and White
  
Added some Colour.  I decided to add some sailboats to the painting for movement and colour.  Now I will draw the composition on my canvas.  The most tideous and difficult party in my opinion.
 
My reference photo(s)
(Basically I joined 2 pics together  so the fortress would be in my comp)
 

No comments: