Welcome to my Studio Blog

Take a peek into my studio and See what inspires me to create my paintings and what’s been happening in my studio and on my travels.

I love to travel, see new places and meet new people. I love to create bold colourful paintings, many of them based on my wonderful travels.



Thursday, July 13, 2017

New Painting Idea - Bafusserplatz, Basel, Switzerland

Hi Everyone,  Busy again working on painting ideas for my next painting.   This time I will be painting the lively Barfüsserplatz in the city centre of Basel.  #Basel, #Barfüsserplatz, #Switzerland, #Barfi, #Barfusserplatz, #Baselcity

Here my sketch in colour and b&w for my painting.


Some history about the Barfüsserplatz. (also know by the Baslers as Barfi) is located in the city centre of Basel. This bustling square is named after the barefoot Franciscan friars (known as the "Barfüsser " in German language who founded the eponymous Barfüsserkirche (Barefooted Ones Church) in the 13th century. In 1861, the square received its official name Barfüsserplatz due to the Francis...cans and their monastery church. This former monastery church today now houses the Museum für Geschichte (History Museum). I think it's one of the most happening squares in Basel, with its many pubs, restaurants, and flea market. During Christmas its simply beautiful with all the lights and Christmas market stalls. There is always something going on here and almost every tram passes thru the Barfüsserplatz.


No comments: