Welcome to my Studio Blog

Take a peek into my studio and See what inspires me to create my paintings and what’s been happening in my studio and on my travels.

I love to travel, see new places and meet new people. I love to create bold colourful paintings, many of them based on my wonderful travels.



Monday, May 26, 2008

New Studio Pics

Hi Everyone, Thought I would post some pics of my new studio - finally finished. I really love my new studio but miss my beautiful window and view of the Oresund in Copenhagen. Oh well, I can always paint out on my deck in the summer months. Now I will be now working on my new 100 x 120 cm painting. It will be a combination of my "An Itlian Summer's End and Beach Colours painting". My sister has comissioned me to do this painting for her new home. She wants a beach theme in her living room.



A few pics of some of my funky florals all hanging together. I have approached a couple of galleries here in Ottawa to have them displayed so they will soon be leaving. It is always sad to see your paintings leave.

A few pics of our backyard, finally getting it finished. My husband was busy sanding the deck all weekend and I was painting some teak oil on the garden furniture. We just need some warmer weather now so I can take a dip in the pool.

My wonderful Handy Hubby, Andy putting up the lights

My wonderful papa Andreas and my dear mom - Mother's Day

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa!!!!

I am so thrilled to have you back...I love your new studio but I know you will miss that amazing view in Copenhagen...but your roots will make it all worth it...

I can't wait to see some of your new paintings....I need some colour and inspiration these days...

Hugs and the photos are amazing...
you have one of the nicest decks!!!

Kim said...

woo hooo Lisa !!!
your new studio looks fantastic :) :)
all that space ...and your funky florals look absolutely brilliant all together like that...
I wouldn't want to part with them if they were mine ;)
wow..Andreas is sure going to be busy with that BIG backyard and deck...it looks lovely and you must be so happy to have the warmer weather to look forward to...
your new commission sounds really exciting...
I love looking at my bright Lisa paintings...it makes the weather over here just that much warmer ;)
ha.. and we are a few days away from winter...
kisses and hugs from down under xx

Lisa Lorenz said...

Hi Diana, thanks so much for dropping by and your lovely comments. I have started my big painting and it is sure big..LOL. Things are going well with the painting. THought I would be rusty to paint again..LOL. I am also so sorry to hear about your father in law. My thought and prayers are with your family. hugs Lisa

Hi Kim!!! Thanks so much mate. I am always happy to see your lovely face and read your comments. You have always been so positive and supportive of me and my work. I have not been blogging too much or surfing my daily blogs. I had my father and brother here helpipng out with some work on the house. We are also painting the deck now. Geez, so much work with a new house. But at least the studio is done now. It was so great to paint the other day. I thought I would be rusty..LOL. I am so happy to hear that you are enjoying the paintings. Your portraits just always take my breath away and everyone's that come for a visit. Its good to be back home. Big hugs and kisses to you too...Lisa

Lisa M Griffin said...

What beautiful florals. So bright and vivid. I love the hydrangea, white tulips and pansies most. They look so fantastic all hung up one that wall, seems a shame to break them off. Great work.

Anita said...

Lisa - I am so glad to see you posting again! Your house looks lovely and it must be SO nice to be home again! I long for that but it will be a few years yet as we are packing up soon to move elsewhere in the world!
What a lovely garden!!!! I'm jealous!

Lisa Lorenz said...

Hi Lisa, Nice to meet you. Thanks so much for your lovely comment. I had a look at your blog, and your work is beautiful.

Hi Anita, so great to hear from you. Thanks so much for the lovely comments and compliments. I hope you are doing well. Wow, another move! I know that feeling? Where are you going now? take care and good luck with the move. They can be so much work and stressful. I dont want to move again..LOL