Welcome to my Studio Blog

Take a peek into my studio and See what inspires me to create my paintings and what’s been happening in my studio and on my travels.

I love to travel, see new places and meet new people. I love to create bold colourful paintings, many of them based on my wonderful travels.



Saturday, August 22, 2009

New Fun Painting - Ballerina Girls

Hi Everyone, Hope you are all doing well. Things have been going well and I have been busy these past days preparing for the summer exhibition this weekend.

Also I just finished a painting I did for my little niece Margaux who is turning 3 months old this Saturday. I cant believe how fast time is flying by! It’s quite cute and I thought I would share the pic with you all.

Margaux and Friends, 40 x 50 cm, Acrylics
Also here is a more generic one I did. Basically the same painting with a hand painted "Friends" template on top of the banner - to be sold as prints, cards, etc. I also have one where the orange banner is left blank, so I can add all sorts of things to the banner: Happy Birthday, Girl Power, personal names, etc.... the possibilities are endless...lol. It was really fun painting this one. Andreas wants to do a story book now based on these little characters…LOL.


And here's my little Boo

Have a great weekend everyone! and happy painting!

5 comments:

Kim said...

ohhh Lisa
how gorgeous is your Boo and hasn't the time flown!!!
I adore your ballet card :))
I'll have to show my sister ....
I think Andrea has made an excellent suggestion for you to do a book ... sensational!!!
Angelina Ballerina eat your heart out ;)
have a happy weekend :))

Caroline said...

Hi Lisa - missed you recently in blogland!! Adorable baby Boo - can see why you are besotted!! What a sweet illustration you've made for her too - now there's a coincidence- I made (and still do from time to time!) all sorts of 'name pictures' - with cute characters arranged around letters (or vice versa) when my girls were young!

Gail Burton said...

What a sweet picture Lisa, and such a darling little baby girl too!!!

Gail x

Lisa Lorenz said...

HI Kim, Thanks so much for the lovely words about my little Boo and the painting. I really appreciate it. I was thinking of you and your sister when I was doing the ballerinas...Have a great week mate! xoxoxo

HI Caroline, Thanks so much dropping by and your kind words. Always appreciate your visits. Oh how I can imagine how beautiful that was for the girls! I plan on doing some more for Maggie Boo.

Hi Gail, Thanks ever so much my dear! Really appreciate that!

Tracey said...

ooh she is so beautiful! What a lucky little girl to have you painting art for her already :) The ballerina painting is just too cute, my kids love it too. I am sure your book will be a hit!