Welcome to my Studio Blog

Take a peek into my studio and See what inspires me to create my paintings and what’s been happening in my studio and on my travels.

I love to travel, see new places and meet new people. I love to create bold colourful paintings, many of them based on my wonderful travels.



Thursday, January 24, 2013

WIP Dubrovnik Colour blocking continues

Hi Everyone, We are in a huge deep freeze in Ottawa these past days. Yesterday it was -29 with a windshield bringing it to -40.  Today its -26 and feels like -35.  A bit warmer..lol.  Seriously, I have not gone outside.  And I am fighting a cold these past two days and not progressing as much as I would like on my painting.  Well, I managed to do some more work today: another light wash of yellow orchre on the buildings and added some lights to the green foliage and hills. Also blocked in some colour for the sailboats.


The later this afternoon, I added the windows and some other fine outlining to the buildings. Tomorrow I will finish the buildings, then I will on the boats and hopefully finish the water. 
Stay tuned...


No comments: