Welcome to my Studio Blog

Take a peek into my studio and See what inspires me to create my paintings and what’s been happening in my studio and on my travels.

I love to travel, see new places and meet new people. I love to create bold colourful paintings, many of them based on my wonderful travels.



Friday, May 5, 2017

Travel Update Provence/Cote Dazur April 2017 and My Basel WIP #8,9 Update

Hi Everyone, its been a while since I made a post on my painting blog. I was away on a mini vacation over Easter and took a few extra days.  Had a great trip to Provence-Cote D'azur.  We stayed in Sanary sur Mer, at the beautiful Hostellerie Farandole Hotel.  We did lots of day trip to Bandol, Cassis, Sanary, Castellet, Bormes les Mimosas (which I fell in love with) and a visit to St. Tropez.  Took tons of pics and came back with a ton of inspiration!


Some Pics of Our Recent Trip:
Beautiful Sanary Sur Mer

 Market in Bandol
 Coffee time in Bandol
 gorgeous village of Bormes Les Mimosas
 More of Bormes


 A visit to Cassis Again, the view I took this time, I was there back in Oct 2015 and took the same pic and painted this beautiful scene.  My Colours of Cassis Painting

 A visit to St. Tropez, beautiful church dome, reminds me of the Faberge Egg! :)


 Beautiful dinner at le Bagetelle in St. Tropez,  Amazing food service!
 Beautiful Village of Castellet!

 Lunch in Castellet, amazing views.  We ate at the Le Saint Eloi, I highly recommend.  Great food and service also
My handsome happy hubby!
  Beautiful view and sunsets from our hotel patio 

Now I am back in my studio finally getting back to work on my Basel painting.  Did lots of work the last few days:   long process doing the windows, shudders and details all with a small brush 00, 0 and #1. still lots to do but its coming along ..lol. A pic of my latest WIP #9. Wishing you All a great weekend.  

WIP 8 and 9 So far:




No comments: