Welcome to my Studio Blog

Take a peek into my studio and See what inspires me to create my paintings and what’s been happening in my studio and on my travels.

I love to travel, see new places and meet new people. I love to create bold colourful paintings, many of them based on my wonderful travels.



Sunday, November 2, 2014

Blog Update, Travelling Bordeaux, France October 2014

Hi Everyone, Sorry I have not been so active these past months on my Studio Blog. I was in Canada visiting my family for almost 1.5 months and then I was in Europe with my husband for his work.  First in Switzerland and then We took some extra time 6 days from October 22 to October 28th and went to Bordeaux for my birthday.  Had such a wonderful time.   I am feeling very inspired from my beautiful trip to Bordeaux.   It has been a long time dream of mine to visit beautiful Bordeaux, and it was everything I imagined and more. 

Some pics of our trip.   The beautiful breathtaking mediaeval village of St. Emilion. When we arrived and saw this view I began to cry. I was totally overwhelmed with joy!  

Arriving At Bordeaux Airport! Cool Wine Bottle on the Luggage Belt!  Let the Wine Drinking Begin! I was so excited.


Beautiful St. Emilion




A Beautiful Lunch in St. Emilion at the Vieux Clocher Restaurant, and Enjoyed a Wonderful St. Emilion Wine from Chateau Soutard



A visit to Margaux, the infamous Chateau Margaux
And an amazing Wine Tasting at Château Prieuré-Lichine, with a wonderful Wine Sommelier and Guide Ulrich gave a great tour of the Chateau.  We tasted 3 wines" Their Grand Cru Classe, their 2nd wine and a White.  They were fabulous.  Brought home 2 bottles, one of their Grand Crus, and 2nd wine.   



A beautiful break at the Grand Hotel in Bordeaux to Enjoy some Wine and Cheese



 


No comments: