Welcome to my Studio Blog

Take a peek into my studio and See what inspires me to create my paintings and what’s been happening in my studio and on my travels.

I love to travel, see new places and meet new people. I love to create bold colourful paintings, many of them based on my wonderful travels.



Monday, November 3, 2014

Beware Fellow Artists - Copyright Infringement


IMPORTANT FOLLOW UP to My Post about Copy right Infringement.

Hi everyone, Very Happy to Share with you all that the ESHG has written me back for using my Painting Image without my consent and I thought you would all want to know what they said:
I am very pleased to inform you that they apologized for using my image without my consent. They advised that person that selected the image is no longer working for them, and they don't know how this happened and informed me that they always seek permission and/or paying copy rights to the artists of which the paintings have been used in the last years and they very much regret, that this has not been made in my case.

They have also offered me compensation for using my image without my authorization; and they advised they will also gladly add the artist credit to the existing instances of the picture.
I am pleased with their response and how they responded in this manner.
Thanks again everyone, for your support, wishing you all a great weekend.
 
***********************************

I recently discovered that the ESHG - European Society of Human Genetics, used my Painting "Wonders of Paris" for their 2013 Conference held in Paris without my consent. This is copyright infringement and illegal. I found my painting on their FaceBook Page and on their Flyer and wrote them. I look forward to hearing what they have to say. https://www.facebook.com/eshg.org/photos/oa.602292509789221/498084736911629/?type=1&theater
 

 

No comments: