Welcome to my Studio Blog

Take a peek into my studio and See what inspires me to create my paintings and what’s been happening in my studio and on my travels.

I love to travel, see new places and meet new people. I love to create bold colourful paintings, many of them based on my wonderful travels.



Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Moving Along for Christmas

Last Night's Work:
Well I am almost done. Worked alittle late last night, modeling the flower leaves with some more contrasts and some work on the pot and background. Added some red to a few of the leaves.
This morning I am painting my ornaments and outlining my flower leafs. I should be calling this baby finished shortly. Sorry the night pic and flash.


Yesterday's WORK
Well I am finished with the leaves, and I am happy with the different shades and contrasts I used. Colours used: Sap Green, Yellow, lemon yellow, Med. light green hue, and some white too.


And A close up:


Wednesday'S WORK:

Well I was able to find some time to paint yesterday. I first began by outlining to see where this painting was going, and then I blocked in another coat of paint for the leaves, pot and flower. I also did some outlining of those little veins on the leaves. I am happy with the shape of the leaves and my Christmasy green, I only have to add the contrasts now.

Then lots more red on the pot and flowers. I am finding this project difficult to work in so much red. I need to play with my colours more and have some different values in the petals. I will add some pinks, oranges and darken the red in areas. I think once I do the outline of those little veins on the flowers it will take more shape. This morning I will do the centers of the flowers and finish the leaves and work on the flowers last. Thanks for stopping by my little session of yesterday.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

good to see you've started a painting journal!

just paint your heart out and allow yurself as much liberties as possible..it's only paint (thus very over-paintable) and..you're the boss

Have fun

Lisa Lorenz said...

Hi Caroline, And thanks for that..it is so True! :)

Anonymous said...

hi lisa it is a beautiful painting again it is cheering me up at this time of the year - I do love the red and green together so festive thanks love mom

Kim said...

hi Lisa
this is gorgeous....the colours are so christmassy.....love the composition...especially the placement of the decorations......perhaps I can paste an image (when you finish it) into my December newsroom.....I am planning on having a favourite artworks section .....gosh xmas is coming up so quickly....BYE....

Lisa Lorenz said...

Hi Mom and Kim, Thanks so much gals for your comments.

Kim, I am happy you like the placement of the ornaments, I was not too sure about them. I was even wondering about keeping them, but I did want this to be a Christmas painting so they will be staying..lol. I am hoping to finish today or tomorrow and I would be honoured and pleased if you put it in your artworks section for December newsroom. Woohoo..that is really nice of ya! I will send you a pic when its done...Have a great day painting mate :)