Welcome to my Studio Blog

Take a peek into my studio and See what inspires me to create my paintings and what’s been happening in my studio and on my travels.

I love to travel, see new places and meet new people. I love to create bold colourful paintings, many of them based on my wonderful travels.



Thursday, February 17, 2011

WIP of my Muskoka Chair

Hi Everyone, Well I finally finished the chair, and I am so pleased with the results. It was a huge job, often back breaking. So here are some pictures of my journey. From my sketch Idea to the assembled chair. It was much easier to paint the chair unassembled.

My "Idea" Sketch for the Chair
My Andreas helping me prime the chair

My drawing on the chair (I did in water colour pencil)

Closer detail of drawing on arm rests
Blocking in the colour All the colour just about blocked in - on to the details
Painting in the contour
Starting to add some detail on the lily padsDetail on the arm rests

Detail on the chair back and seat (most difficult part was the seat) Close up now of detail: flower and lily padChair finished - just needs to be assembled
My Signature on the bar - back of the chair

The Finished Chair! I am very proud of the results!
"Pond Jewels" Muskoka Chair

No comments: