Welcome to my Studio Blog

Take a peek into my studio and See what inspires me to create my paintings and what’s been happening in my studio and on my travels.

I love to travel, see new places and meet new people. I love to create bold colourful paintings, many of them based on my wonderful travels.



Friday, August 27, 2010

Upcoming Juried Show

Hi everyone, I am very pleased to announce that my painting “Orchid Oasis” was selected amongst a plethora of work to be part of the AOE Arts Council Juried Art of show of paintings, photography, sculptures and mixed media. The show “Selections 2010” will run from Sept. 30th–Oct. 26th at the Trinity Art Gallery in the Shenkman Arts Centre in Ottawa.

The vernissage and opening reception is Thursday September 30th from 7- 9 pm and Andreas and I will be present. If you are free, please join us for the vernissage when the top three prizes for best overall submission will be presented that evening.
For more information, please visit: http://www.artsoe.ca/en/events/selections.aspx

Wishing you all a lovely weekend and many thanks to all of you for your continued support.

“Selections 2010” back/front invitation of the event.
The participating artists’ names are on the back side.

My painting "Orchid Oasis" 30 x 90 cm, acrylic
Colours, lines and shapes are vital elements in all my paintings. I am particularly fascinated with orchids and I wanted to capture their intriguing shape in a bold composition with an oasis of twilight colours. My wish is to have the audience experience the energy of colour and harmony that transcends in this painting.

1 comment:

Loupe said...

This is a gorgeous piece. I love how vibrant the colors are and the boldness of the lines. Great work!
www.loupemag.blogspot.com