Welcome to my Studio Blog

Take a peek into my studio and See what inspires me to create my paintings and what’s been happening in my studio and on my travels.

I love to travel, see new places and meet new people. I love to create bold colourful paintings, many of them based on my wonderful travels.



Thursday, November 8, 2007

New Painting Idea–Bar/Happy Hour Theme

Hi everyone, well I have been busy scheming ideas for a new painting again for our new home. This time it will be a painting for our bar in the basement. It will be a quad-triptych of 4 canvases (each 40 x 40 cm) in a silver wood box floating frame.

Each canvas will have some alcohol beverage theme: martinis (cocktails), wine and champagne, Cognac and eau de vie, and of course beer-with a Bavarian colour theme).

The canvas: 40 x 40 cm


Here is a very, and I am very rough sketch of my ideas on paper with a slight colour scheme. There are lots of warm reddish/orange/yellow brick and wood tones in our new home and I want to have that reflected in the painting along with some blues/greens that compliment orange tones very well.


A close up of one of the ideas for one of the canvases : Martini cocktails


Here you can see a pic from the prospectus of the bar in the new home. I will hang these painting on the front wall (in front of the bar stools. (The fridge is not mine – there will be no fridge here-there will be one under the bar, which you do not see.)


So that’s what I have been up to these past days. I will soon begin my designs on the canvases. Stay tuned.

Wishing you all a lovely week.

No comments: