Welcome to my Studio Blog

Take a peek into my studio and See what inspires me to create my paintings and what’s been happening in my studio and on my travels.

I love to travel, see new places and meet new people. I love to create bold colourful paintings, many of them based on my wonderful travels.



Wednesday, June 23, 2010

FIMA (Festival International des Arts a Montreal)

Hi Everyone, I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had been accepted to exhibit and sell my work at the FIMA art show. The festival will be from 1 – 11 July, 2010 and my time slot to exhibit my work will be from the 8th–11th July. The hours will be every day from 1:00–10:00 pm. On Sunday the show finishes at 7:00 pm. My booth number is C09 and I will be located in “The Gallery Space” (inside) located on Ste. Catherine Street between Amherst and Wolfe. The Gallery space is located basically on the corner of Ste. Catherine and Amherst across from the piazzetta restaurant.

The website has now been updated and the program is no on-line along with a list of the all artists exhibiting, their booth and location numbers. Here is the website for FIMA: http://www.festivaldesarts.org/. *Please click the Exhibitors/Exposants Tab to see a list of all the artists exhibiting. I am exhibiting under the name Lariviere Lorenz Lisa this time. *The link to the Site Plan is also on this page.


FIMA is the greatest open air art gallery in eastern Canada. The BoulevArt expands over a one-kilometre stretch of Montreal’s central artery, Sainte-Catherine Street, closed to the automobile traffic all summer. The FIMA offers festival goers a unique opportunity to meet artists from various backgrounds, professionals and emerging artists, and to purchase artworks directly from the artists (without going through a gallery or an agent). In 2010, close to 300 artists from Quebec, Canada, the United States, Romania, Turkey, France, Rwanda, Mexico, Greece, Israel and Martinique. The exhibitors and performers will take the street during 11 days, from July 1st to the 11th. Over 75 000 people walk on the BoulevArt on a daily basis.

It is the first time I will be exhibiting in Montreal and I look forward to seeing many of you I haven’t seen in awhile and it will also give you a chance to see one of my exhibitions.

Wishing you all a great week and summer! Hope to see you in beautiful downtown Montreal soon.

No comments: