Welcome to my Studio Blog

Take a peek into my studio and See what inspires me to create my paintings and what’s been happening in my studio and on my travels.

I love to travel, see new places and meet new people. I love to create bold colourful paintings, many of them based on my wonderful travels.



Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sensational Sydney - WIP

Hi Everyone, So my next painting is part of my Travel Series and it is all about Sydney, Australia! I have been there twice and I just love this Sensational city! Thus, my title for the painting is "Sensational Sydney". It will be done in Acrylics on 40 x 50 cm, gallery wrapped canvas. This painting is for my wonderful friend Kim Barker. Our second Swap! She painted a wonderful portrait of Andreas to match mine in her Energy Series style! Thanks again mate!

After many many sketches I came up with this....here is my sketch done in ink:


And Then Colored - What a difference color adds to our lives! This was colored using oil pastels (First time working with pastels and boy were so hard to work with, phew I dont know if I will use them again, but the colors sure are striking)

I will begin work on my painting next week as My sister Mary is arriving tomorrow for the long weekend! I can hardly wait to see her and her fiance Martin! Wowee! Have a great upcoming weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Lisa!!!!!
this looks so absolutely fantabulous!!!!! I love it and I'm soooo glad you are showing your WIP....unbelievable...you have really captured the landmarks to a tee and the colours are perfecto....you are soooo clever......have a great weekend with Mary and I am going back to have another look at your truly sensational Sydney!!!!!
love and kisses
Kim

Lisa Lorenz said...

Hi Kim, Thanks for stopping by and I am so very pleased you like my sketch and ideas for Sydney! Merci! I am very excited to start painting this baby! Have a great hair cut and up birthday celebration for your Sis! All my best mate! Big hugs and kisses