Welcome to my Studio Blog

Take a peek into my studio and See what inspires me to create my paintings and what’s been happening in my studio and on my travels.

I love to travel, see new places and meet new people. I love to create bold colourful paintings, many of them based on my wonderful travels.



Thursday, February 1, 2007

A Wonderful Surprise

A few weeks ago I painted a little “get well painting”, beach colours for my Andreas and my wonderful artist friend Kim from Australia really liked it and wanted to know if she can have a print of it. I decided to paint her one and in exchange she said she would also paint me a painting. So we decided on a painting swap!

Well this morning, what a surprise to get an email from her that she had already completed my portrait in her smashing style for her acrylic “portrait” series. I am no 9, yellow number 2. She choose yellow for me because she said I am the sunniest gal ever! She is so nice and I am so touched and overwhelmed with delight! I just LOVE it!


If you have a chance please do look at Kim’s wonderful wepage http://www.laketrees1.com and her blog: http://laketrees.blogspot.com/ She is an award winning portrait artist who paints in a unique style that I just adore!

I am slow and I am still working on Kim’s little painting. Hopefully I will be finished by the end of the week so I can send her the painting.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Lisa
I had sense of deja vu when I saw your portrait coming up. Thanks for the wrap....you are too, too nice!!!!....my new website is in action now at wwww.laketrees1.com with just some slight modifications needed. I will be featuring your portrait in my February news page and it should be posted there by this Saturday (tomorrow) if all goes well....fingers crossed.
Happy painting Lisa

Kim said...

oops Lisa
I put too many ws in my web address
its:
www.laketrees1.com
silly me lol

Lisa Lorenz said...

Hi Kim, LOL...I cant stop looking at my painting. My whole family just loved it and My mom even signed your blog. She has booked marked you and just loves your work. I have revised all my links with the new webaddress. I just love that new page! Anxious to see all the modifications. Wishing you a TGIF! Hurray for the weekend!