Welcome to my Studio Blog

Take a peek into my studio and See what inspires me to create my paintings and what’s been happening in my studio and on my travels.

I love to travel, see new places and meet new people. I love to create bold colourful paintings, many of them based on my wonderful travels.



Tuesday, April 7, 2009

WIP - funky rose painting

Hi Everyone, I haven't done a WIP in some time, so I thought I would share one with you all today. I am presently working on two paintings right now, but I will post the wip of my funky roses in a glass little bowl. The painting will be the same size canvas as my Calla Lilies: 40 x 40 cm and done in acrylics.

Step 1 - drawing on canvas in water colour pencils, then I outlined.

Blocking in some peachy colour for the roses and green for the petalsAdded the background colour now - an acqua glue with hints of green.


Another coat of green on the leaves, then I started defining the glass bowl and added some white to the baby's breath. Calling it a day. Tomorrow I will begin the modeling work; my favourite part. Stay tuned...

No comments: