Welcome to my Studio Blog

Take a peek into my studio and See what inspires me to create my paintings and what’s been happening in my studio and on my travels.

I love to travel, see new places and meet new people. I love to create bold colourful paintings, many of them based on my wonderful travels.



Monday, May 21, 2007

Tagged

I've been tagged by my blogger friend: a delightful artist and cheery lady, Bee at Indigo Blah, from beautiful Cyprus.

"Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs 7 things that are a habit, unusual or that no-one else knows, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog. "

So here are my 7:

1. I am a real creature of habit. I eat the same thing for breakfast almost every day and enjoy my little morning routine of checking emails, blogs, art-news, weather, etc. Then I put on my smock and paint. Although I love painting and creating the beginning stages of a painting project really stress me out!

2. I can’t stand to walk barefoot in the house. I don't like slippers but I love to wear flip flops. I also just hate flossing (but I do), shaving my legs and wearing a skirt with nylons!

3. I am quite obsessive compulsive. I like everything to be organized and tidy. I even fold our pajamas neatly under the pillow in the morning. All my candle holders are neatly aligned on my coffee tables. I can’t stand may-hem and clutter. My husband calls me Monk (a TV show about an obsessive compulsive detective)

4. I just adore candles and candle holders. I have about 50 glass Danish candle holders, and most of them are displayed in my house and often lit at the same time!

4. I love to listen to Dean Martin when I cook. I adore Italian food and great wine! Would have loved to go out on the town with the Rat Pack. I like to entertain and set my table with different themes. I also love to listen to Elvis when I do housework.

6. I love to give people I love "pet names." I love my bicycle and even named her Betty Blue.

7. I am afraid of bees, spiders, wasps, and any other insects! Gardening is not for me! I usually only put geraniums on my balcony as they don’t attract any flying visitors!

I dont know many bloggers so I am tagging 3 of my fav blogs: my great artist mate Kim in Australia, another wonderful artist friend, Gilberte from Belgium and my sister Mary.

3 comments:

Kim said...

hi Lisa
thanks for the tag...I don't know when I can manage it as I have been tagged three times in a row and I am not getting much painting done........this one looks like fun so if I get some time next week ...will do
your habits are so similiar to mine...
lol...I thought I was ocd until I read that you fold your pj's and put them under your pillow...
your candles must look beautiful when they are all lit up and I can totally relate to the gardening....yes...all that dirt!!! yukky!!!
great meme Lisa!!!!!

Lisa Lorenz said...

Hi Kim, Thanks for your comments. LOL...Yes, I saw that you have been tagged quite a bit...Please do not feel the need to do this tag...painting is better. Cant wait to see the updates. Have a great day! xoxo

Buzz Stephens said...

Speaking of Dean Martin and the Rat Pack, there is an an exciting new group on Yahoo called The Judy Garland Experience. The group features ever changing and always amazing audio files. Currently, along with some of Judy's 1950's radio work we are featuring full length concerts of her with the original Rat Pack, her 1967 free concert on the Boston Common, songs and interviews from her aborted role in Valley Of The Dolls, and much more. The group also features rare photo's, lively discussions, and the most eclectic and interesting gathering of Garland fans anywhere!
The group features fans of all levels, new and hardcore, Garland family members, other celebrities, people who knew Judy, author's historian's, film maker's, and more! The only thing missing is you! Please stop by our little Judyville and check it out, you may never want to leave!
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/thejudygarlandexperience/