Welcome to my Studio Blog

Take a peek into my studio and See what inspires me to create my paintings and what’s been happening in my studio and on my travels.

I love to travel, see new places and meet new people. I love to create bold colourful paintings, many of them based on my wonderful travels.



Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hometown - Update

Hi everyone, I have been a little neglectful with my recent wip. Anyways, I have still been working on my project quite a bit. So here is a little update of where I am now. Still lots more to do, but I slowly see it coming together. I find it has a "Fisher price toy land" feel to it. (mmm..sorry the pic is a bit slanted)

Finished the sky and began doing some light outlining in paynes grey. I am starting to see thing come together now.


4 comments:

Kim said...

hi Lisa
I see what you mean...this would look gorgeous in a chidren's nursery.....or a breakfst room....it's coming along beautifully !!!!
xxxxxxxx

Lisa Lorenz said...

Hi Kim, Thanks so much for the comments. I am enjoying this one and it is taking me back home to my beautiful vacations in Eastern Altantic Canada and the Maine, New England area. You know there are a few types of houses like this in northern DK and oslo too...
have a great day..big hugs to you xoxoxo

Anita said...

Lisa - such joyful colours. The colours of the houses are very Danish to me - those lovely rich yellows and reds. I'd love to have one of your paintings to brighten my house! No colour here in the desert but ....... sand colour!

Lisa Lorenz said...

Hi Anita, ah what a wonderful thing to say. I am blushing. Yes, these buildings do look like the colorful charming buildings in Denmark. They also have them in Norway too. I can see the influence of the viking settlers that headed over to Eastern Canada! How long will you be living over there? Funny, my hubby was looking at a job in Qatar..and I said..NO! LOL. I just want to move back to Canada.