Welcome to my Studio Blog

Take a peek into my studio and See what inspires me to create my paintings and what’s been happening in my studio and on my travels.

I love to travel, see new places and meet new people. I love to create bold colourful paintings, many of them based on my wonderful travels.



Monday, July 23, 2007

Zinnia Wip

Hi everyone, hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Our weather was just awful this--lots of rain, wind and cold. But it was very relaxing and we watched quite a few movies and just kicked back.

However, on Friday night, we managed to get a bit of sun around happy hour and it was just wonderful! Later that night, I managed to take this picture of the beautiful Sunset.


This morning I finally got back to my studio and started work on my Zinnia painting.

My "messy" drawing on canvas... Not too worried about that, as I can fix the petals later. I will now begin to block in the background color. I am thinking light green.

2 comments:

Kim said...

wow Lisa.....what a stunning photo!!!.that sky is beautiful !!!!
your drawing looks great....I love the patterns on the vase.....
our weather is freezing ....real indoor weather...I can't wait for summer !!!...:}
xoxoxoxoxoxox and hugs

Lisa Lorenz said...

Hi Kim, Thansk so much. Yeah, I took so many shots of that sunset and they all turned out great. I hate that when it h appens..LOL..as then I sit and look at all of the photos and not sure what to pick. Thansk also for the commetns on the new wip. I am happy with the vase, I think it will be lots of work painting that one. But I can visualize it finished and that is what motivates me. Hope you get some nice warmer weather. Our summer is the pits. No sign of summer at all. Except for one weekend we had about 1.5 months ago! Oh well, just keeping busy. Big hugs to you mate! xoxoxo