Welcome to my Studio Blog

Take a peek into my studio and See what inspires me to create my paintings and what’s been happening in my studio and on my travels.

I love to travel, see new places and meet new people. I love to create bold colourful paintings, many of them based on my wonderful travels.



Sunday, January 7, 2007

Experimenting with my Self Portrait

I decided to do some experimenting on self portraits today, as I have never done one before . Let me tell you it sure was a big challenge. Geez, I have never even painted a face before. But I had some fun - an that's what counts!

Anyways, I think I will stick to my usual work...LOL. I am no Kim Barker when it comes to portraits! Have a great Sunday Everyone!

Anyways, here are my results: 1st in water-soluable pencil colour:

Then painted over with some water and acrylic



2 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Lisa
Your first self portrait is terrific - the way that you made your eyes the focal point...and your identity is stamped all over it...such a happy...exuberant face.....very stylish too....no doubt about who the artist is!!!
I would like to think if I changed to painting landscapes I could be as sucessful as you in making the leap.....well done ....I hope you are going to frame it....have a great day mate!!!

Lisa Lorenz said...

Hiya Kim, Hey thanks so much for your kind comments. Very much appreciate it! You can paint anything my dear!